Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Sabah Ride No 8, The 2nd Time in 2026 (29th August - 6th September)

As planned, the ride should start on the 29th of August, during the school holiday. 

Today (the day I edited this part) is the 3rd of August already, another 3 Saturdays to go as the first ride will be on the 29th also on Saturday. 

The schedule is as below:

‎Kuching- Sabah Ride 29/8- 6/9 2026 (8-9 hari) *masa cuti sekolah & cuti mid semester poli
‎29/8 Sabtu (1+++ km) 13-14 jam
‎Kuching- Miri- Lawas
‎*start 4 pagi insya Allah smp Lawas 4-5 ptg)
‎*Kuching- Petronas Lachau - Sarikei (breakfast) - Petros Tatau- Petronas Bekenu- Miri- Brunei - Lawas
‎30/8 Ahad (619 km) 8 jam
‎Lawas- Sipitang- Beufort- Papar- Kota Kinabalu- Kudat
‎31/8 Isnin (495 km)
‎Kudat- Kota Marudu- Ranau- Kundasang- Pekan Beluran- Simpang Check Point Sandakan (Petronas) - Sandakan
‎1/9 Selasa (305 km)
‎Sandakan- Lahad Datu- Semporna
‎*lalu Telupid, Kinabatangan, Kunak
‎2/9 Rabu (106 km)
‎Semporna (check out hotel pagi terus island hopping) - blt dr island hopping terus ke Tawau (smp malam dlm jam 7-8 mlm)
‎3/9 Khamis (344 km)
‎Tawau- Kalabakan- Restoren Rimba Rasa (rest makan) Tibow- Sook- Keningau
‎4/9 Jumaat (179 km)
‎Keningau- Tenom- Sipitang- Lawas- Limbang- Miri 
‎5/9 Sabtu (459 km)
‎Miri- Sarikei
‎*boleh consider dari Miri terus blt Kuching ataupun nk santai2 rehat di Sarikei dolok
‎6/9 Ahad (350 km) 
‎Sarikei- Kuching 
The WhatsApp group that I created to gather all riders. Inside the group besides me, there's Paul, Bob & Wak. Bob & Wak are my work mates but we are not in the same department while Paul is a friend from my badminton group with some other friends that have been knowing each other for a long time.

The original plan was me riding with Wak & another friend from Sabah where he's been working in Kuching for a really long years. The fourth person in the initial plan would be Bob. The man from Sabah chicken out & after that I remembered Paul have mentioned to me before that he would want to join riding to Sabah if there's one & I immediately contacted him & with no hesitation he agreed.

This is Paul's SYM ADXTG 400, the highest cc among all of us in this group. In this picture he was testing his helmet before the long ride to get used to it & to see whether it is suitable or not for the 4K kilometers adventure. Yeah that's what a rider should do, be well prepared & test all the gears before anything else. Well for me I already got my setups ready from head to toe from my previous ride with my wife also to Sabah & back & that's the same setup I'm going to apply. 

Paul ordered this higher windshield for the purpose of the ride & hoping he received it before the day.

Arrived & successfully installed on the 8 of August! Looking nicer & taller! 

Paul also bought himself this seat pad for extra comfort especially during the long ride the first day. This definitely will help a lot as we are going to spend many long hours on our bikes.

And this is my third/fourth service on the dtx 250 at the same shop. This one is for this coming ride & I'm not planning to use my scooter daily because I don't want to change to new tyres yet also I want to save more money for the trip expenses later all in. 

Service is done & I'm ready to go! Later I'll do the cvt service on my own.

Paul's & mine. 

Bob with his ride, yamaha xmax 250 while Wak is still waiting for his ride hopefully by the end of this week, another one week left before the main event on the 29th of August. 

This is the first time all of us sat around the same table on the 16th of August, just 2 weeks before the ride started. I'm really glad that we got to talk & discuss things that matters. This also shows the commitment of the team members towards the plan & giving ideas, suggestions, reminders is something that everyone would really appreciate in the process. 




No comments:

Post a Comment