Monday, December 2, 2013

Kuching to Kudat (Tip of Borneo, Simpang Mengayau) DAY 2



The journey continues on day 2. We left MASTAMA inn and headed to MIRI, plan of the day is to ride as far as possible and the plan is for damn sure to enter and leave BRUNEI in that very day in a shot, I mean a ride.
 
Adrian the MIRI nice rider

Adrian & Pak Din

the shortcut guideline that save us time

When we are at MIRI we decided to do some major services to our machines especially by changing the engine oil and other minor things like checking the brake, lubricating the chain and also checking the tyres air pressure. Another matter would be to meet MIRI rider, Adrian to ask about the shortcut that we can take when travelling in BRUNEI to reach LIMBANG. Adrian is such a nice rider, earlier he texted me telling that he wanted to see us before we head off to SABAH as he can give us the shortcut route in the map that he has drawn onto a piece of paper.

Personally, I think our journey or ride or expedition or whatever people might want to call it actually started in MIRI when we arrived at the SUNGAI TUJUH MALAYSIA- BRUNEI DARUSSALAM BORDER. We were ready with our bike documents and especially our international passport to get through and make the debut come true. First I was really worried if it took us too much time at the borders especially when dealing with the borders officers in charge for both countries. They might get too strict especially when dealing with our bikes but thank god the process was smooth and according to plans. We managed to get in and out without any complications.

Immediately when I saw the signboard showing TO LAWAS, SABAH, LIMBANG I was freaking excited. I was smiling wide and if someone could see me smiling they would have thought that I might be crazy or something or somewhere between the line of sane and insane. I believe “This was it. This is what we have been aiming for, SABAH here we come! I am coming to you KUDAT! The tip of Borneo is mine!”

view of LIMBANG from our hotel corridor


 When we reached LIMBANG it was raining cats and dogs. We are blessed by the rain that wants us to take a rest that night at LIMBANG. To be honest, I have never been in LIMBANG my whole life! And my life is telling me that this is a great achievement. At LIMBANG we met Pak Din’s brother in law that took us around and treat us a wonderful dinner and also paid for the expenses of the place we stayed in that night.

No comments :

Post a Comment