Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Camera Rolling... Action!

Most riders love to keep record of their actions no matter what the occasions are, from off road riding to motocross tracks to road racing tracks and highway ride. And in order to keep things recorded, one must have an appropriate gadget and the most suitable one would an action camera. There are many action cameras out there comes in different brand, package, capability and especially price. And the most popular brand would be Gopro that is widely known and endorsed by many top athletes with different range of sports. GoPro is most known for extreme sports like mountain biking, car drifting, freestyle motocross (FMX), skiing and many more. Well, in term of price range I can say that GoPro is the most expensive if to compare to other brands out there. In Malaysia, you can have one with the price between RM900- 1400 which is way too expensive to me.

GoPro Hero 3
But of course there's another affordable options out there instead a GoPro. Recently I stumble upon some good reviews on these 2 action cameras which is Polaroid XS7 and an action camera known as SJ1000. I've seen the video reviews myself and to be honest I really like what I see. It is not as expensive as a GoPro, the price of the Polaroid is around RM270 while the xbase SJ1000 is only for RM280 including postage. Polaroid XS7 is equipped with 5 megapixels camera with 70 degree viewing angle while the SJ1000 has 12 megapixels with 140 degree viewing angle, the same specifications of what a GoPro has (I bet by now you guys can easily guess which one I prefer to have the most since I can't afford a GoPro)

Polaroid XS7 action camera


XBase SJ1000
There's another model produce by the SJ company, the GoPro version known as SJ400 but unfortunately it is not available in Malaysia and if there's any, I would stick to SJ1000. The price of this SJ4000 is around RM500. You can see it for yourself from the picture below how almost similar it to GoPro.

SJ4000

No comments :

Post a Comment