Monday, March 17, 2014

Beware of The Fast Throttle

Yamaha TZM150 fast throttle on my Kawasaki KLX150

This is something that not everyone is aware of. The usage of a  fast throttle is one way of improving your bike performance and especially at the torque or pick up. If you wanna know why it is known as fast throttle is because you don't have to twist your throttle the way you twist it with your conventional or stock throttle. A fast throttle only need you to pull half the stock throttle to get the maximum result.

The first time I got my hand on one of this marvel I thought to myself "why didn't I know about this amazing throttle before?". The best part is you can feel the pick up of your bike especially at 1st gear. Well, it helps me a lot during off road riding especially when I encountered difficult terrain and it helps a lot too in tracks. I just love the convenience of pulling the throttle without pulling much the way with stock throttle. And of course during installation you need to adjust the throttle cable a little, well you can even use the stock throttle cable with minor modifications. The installation is easy when you know what to do.

The most popular fast throttle would be Yamaha TZM150 throttle. It can be used in many bikes and very easy to do the maintenance too especially when we want to oil the throttle cable after a long rough dusty and dirty ride. I have installed at least 5 of these amazing throttle including on my 2 bikes.

There are many other brands of fast throttle out there with different prices and designs yet still delivering the same awesome function. Some of them are equipped with electrical starter but there will be extra works to do to connect them to your bike. My advice is to get the one like I am having in the picture as you don't wanna mess with the electrical of your bikes because a simple mistake can cause your bike to under perform like what had happened to a friend of mine.

So if you are looking forward to try a fast throttle, just get yourself one as it may cost you only around USD15 or cheaper. I bet you would feel the difference the way I do and please be aware that you might enjoy your bike not the same way you used to be.

"ride 1st worry later!"

No comments :

Post a Comment