Friday, August 21, 2026

New Clutch Plate, Stiffer Clutch Springs, New Engine Oil, New Rivets on the Clutch Housing & Replacement on Speedometer Cable

In another 2 months time my yamaha PG1 will turn 2 years old & I guess it's about time for me to change the clutch plates to a fresher set. Coincidentally it's also about time for a fresh engine oil change & I'm thinking it's perfect to throw 2 birds with one stone. Another thing that I had in my mind is to replace the stock clutch springs to a stiffer one because they are believed to help the bike to squeeze more pick up especially during offroad riding. 

The bike is ready for the operation & the first step is to drain the old engine oil out & to remove the step bar because the right cover of the engine need to be opened to get to the clutch system. 

The clutch springs are the same with Honda Wave 100 as written on the low corner of the packaging. The brand I'm using is Leo, well I've heard the brand Red Leo but not only Leo but I'm going to trust John motor this time because he's been in the business for a really long time. 
According to the theory, if I only replace 2 stiffer springs the clutch becomes imbalance & might affect the clutch plate in term of the consistency of the pressures. So what I did is I change all 4 to new springs hoping it's going to be perfect & worry free. 

Stock spring on the top & new stiffer spring below, seems like the new spring is a bit shorter but thicker & definitely harder to squeeze.
After installation is completed I tested the bike for a few rounds & it's a normal thing to feel the bike a bit weird because of the stiffer springs. I guess after a while I'll get used to the new setting. One thing I noticed is the increase of the top speed a bit, around 5 km/h because before I can speed up to 100 km/h only & after the modifications or installation I can reach 105 km/h & that's pretty impressive to me for a minor modifications. Also throttle response & pick up at the 4th or final gear is better & that's impressive too for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment